Wednesday, October 08, 2008

happiness.

i watched a movie a while back.
will smith movie.
had it on my com for the longest time but i forgot about it.
only realised i had it when i was backing up all my data.

the pursuit of happyness.

true life story of how someone from the streets can still make it big.
but i somehow i felt that the main reason behind his motivation, the thing tad drove him on, was his son.

and that leads me to this here melacholy post.

is it just me, or does happiness require more then just yourself.

in light of recent events, i realised something,

by yourself, you are content.

with another, you are happy.

happy is not a solo performance.


what is happiness to me.
what is content to me.

content is having my own mode of transportation.
happiness is having my baby sitting next to me in my car.

content is a book and no one to disturb me.
happiness is reading a book next to my baby.

content is walking along the beach and enjoying the wind in your hair.
happiness is walking along the beach with my baby swinging our hands and spamming nonsense at each other.

content is knowing i live in a home.(not house, home)
happiness is building a home of my own.

content is knowing im loved.
happiness is feeling loved.

content is knowing you have cash n time for the next meal.
happiness is knowing having tad meal with my baby.

content is knowing.
happiness is feeling.

the saying goes behind every man lies a woman.

i just believe it simplified = behind every person must be a motivation.

be it happiness,
be it satisfaction, be it,glory,fame and fortune.

every road leading to a goal requires work, sacrifice and time.

i think ive chosen my primary goal to be happy.
life's too short to be sian.
God knows i spent too many years of my life being that.

ordering the above into personal perspective,

happiness,satisfaction, fortune. screw glory and fame, im not good looking enuf for either. realistic ftw.

/shrugs.


i often wonder if im falling into a whole new kinda fatalism/cycnicism phase.

there's a line from a LP song.

"i become so numb, i cant feel you there,"


are you numb to how you feel?

food for thought.

No comments: